Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wow! What a day!

I went to work
I opened the registers in my department
I was called by my manager (who then told me I would be working in a different department)
I went to the other department
I had no idea how to help my customers
I was called by my manager (who then told me I would be covering a lunch in yet another department)
Took my break
Took my lunch
Covered the other, other departments lunch break.
Went back to the department I was sent to originally.
Tried to help my customers, though I had no knowledge of that area!

Here's the crazy part. I had a challenge when a gay woman (of the more masculine persuasion) came in needing something to wear for a wedding. Her wife's...son's wedding. LOL! Needless to say....things were a bit difficult. However! I'm so awesome...I got her to buy a very nice sequin top with a flowy long shrug to go over it. I also managed to get her/he a few other tops to go with the black slacks she already had.
She was so pessimistic when she came in, but I used my "Spidey senses" and flew around the store suggesting practically everything. Trial and error for like an hour!
When she left, she was not as pessimistic, and I felt strangely satisfied with my success!  I think I was happy to help her, because as uncomfortable as she was, she wasn't unpleasant to help. She was just out of her element, and probably feeling very insecure.

Coming home was great! I was so tired I almost fell asleep a few times while driving! LOL!
Watched American Idol! Voted for Scotty!
Now watching...The way of the Dragon! With Bruce Lee!
Yee Haw!
c-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment