Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today's Highlighted Artist! T.O.P

This is T.O.P.
He is a; Rapper, Beatboxer, Dancer(kinda :p), actor, and lately Singer.
He's also done some modeling.
His real name is Choi, Seung Hyun.
Now the reason I wanted to highlight T.O.P as my very first artist to discuss, is because he is just simply amazing. With that deep raspy voice of his, and yeah (I'm going to be honest) he looks like a bad guy in a movie, doesn't he?! LOL! (One of the reasons, I suspect, he was cast as the crazy killer in Iris. *ahem* getting off track.) He is a very talented, and in my opinion, good looking guy. I just realized I tend to chatter too much....Lemme try the list thing.
1.) His rapping is gritty sounding, but the lyrics are moving, and sometimes even funny.
2.) Though he looks like a bad guy, he's really down to earth, and quite the jokester!
3.) He is an awesome actor! From his acting in the music videos, to daytime dramas, to the big screen he does a stellar job!
4.) When he does sing, it takes you off guard. His singing voice, though raspy like when he raps, is very controlled and penetrating. (see youtube for a song called Oh Mom.) His live performances are just as good, if not better than the recorded singles.
These are the biggest reasons I just loooooove T.O.P (Seung Hyun). Here are a few more pics!




2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna watch some of his stuff on youtube! The videos I reccommed are; Oh Mom, Of All Days, and Turn it Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yeah! I forgot to mention...when watching k-pop videos or audio tracks, if you don't want to be completely left out as to what the song is about...all ya gotta do is enter in ENG SUB when looking for the song. Then you will have english subtitles and thus you will understand the song!

    ReplyDelete