Friday, May 13, 2011

This week so far....

There have definitely been some good and....frustrating moments.
I'm not a "boss" at work. So I don't like to dictate to fellow associates. I'm not there to tell them how to do their jobs, however I am there to do the job as the managers tell me to do it.
So I really don't feel it's fair, or right in any way, for a fellow associate to dictate to me.
If there's a mess when I get there, I don't worry about who made the mess! I'm there, it's work, and so I clean it up! Wow! Imagine that! Big deal right?!
Wrong.
If I'm the one that makes the mess, I get yelled at or snapped at to clean it up.
(This is all one person mind you.)
I can't tell you how many times....countless times.....I have come in and cleaned up counters, and fitting rooms, and racks of clothes. BY MYSELF! While "the other" just stood at the counter getting all of the sales.
Oh, and we are pretty much graded on how good of an associate we are, by how much in sales we make. (I was the lowest scoring associate for a solid year.)
Until recently.
OH! HEAVEN FORBID! I actually do what I am supposed to do. HELPING THE CUSTOMERS AND SELLING!!!! Instead of being the department slave!
Heaven forbid, you actually have to do most of the cleaning for a few days! Oh my Dear Lord in Heaven!
Just hate me!
You are not my boss, you do not sign my paychecks, so you pretty much have no right to tell me what to do. Stop acting like you do! Not only that, but there's so much wrong with what you do on a daily basis, that you really have no room to talk!
Look, no one is perfect. No one is going to be able to do it all. You can't! I can't! So can you just do what you can and live with it, and quit acting like I am solely responsible for your misery?
I don't like working with people who are just gonna snap at me and make me feel like shit all day. I never did that to you. I EXPECT you to not do that to me.

Of course this isn't the only thing I've faced, but it seems like this is how all of my days end...so it's the last thing I leave work feeling like.
Sorry for my pretty huge rant!


That's all!
Thank you!
c-ya!

1 comment:

  1. amen sista.......i thought i was the only one! (love, mel)

    ReplyDelete